Portraits in the Style of the Old Masters
This online class begins on June 19th at 1pm via ZOOM. The class meets for eight consecutive Fridays.
You will learn...
- To use the grid method for accurate proportion
- To use value to model light and shadow
- To create an underpainting
- To use color theory to mix natural skin tones and use glazing to bring your portrait to life
You will receive eight video links that include exercises to build your skill and step by step instructions for creating your life like portrait, and the class will meet via ZOOM for eight Fridays, beginning June 12th at 1pm for guidance, encouragement, and support. You can download the free ZOOM software for your computer, tablet or phone here.
Cost for the eight sessions is $80.
In addition, you will need the following materials:
- Clear reference picture of a person or pet. You will need to email this reference photo to me at email@example.com by June 15th.
- Canvas or gessoed panel to paint on
- Pencil or Charcoal Pencil
- Brushes of your choice (at least one small round or liner brush and small or medium flat)
- Oil Paints, including Terre Verde, Titanium White, Burnt Umber, Yellow Ochre, Cadmium Red Light, Raw Sienna, Burnt Sienna, Alizarin Crimson and Blue (Pthalo, Prussian OR Ultramarine). (Acrylic paints will work as long as you use an acrylic painting medium that slows the drying time
- Liquin, Linseed Oil, or other oil painting medium
- Of course you will also need brush cleaner and a palette